Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine 23-valent - Walvax BiotechnologyAlternative Names: 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine - Walvax Biotechnology; 23-valent pneumococcal vaccine - Walvax Biotechnology; Pneumococcal 23-valent polysaccharide vaccine - Walvax Biotechnology; PPV-23 - Walvax Biotechnology
Latest Information Update: 26 Nov 2014
At a glance
- Originator Walvax Biotechnology
- Developer Fourth Military Medical University; Guangxi Center for Disease Control and Prevention; Walvax Biotechnology
- Class Pneumococcal vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase III Pneumococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 01 May 2013 Walvax Biotechnology completes a phase III trial in Pneumococcal infections (In volunteers, Prevention, In adolescents, In adults, In children, In the elderly) in China (IM) (NCT02285036)