Research programme: filovirus therapeutics - GNL/Profectus/Arbutus/Vanderbilt
Latest Information Update: 11 Sep 2015
At a glance
- Originator Galveston National Laboratory; Profectus Biosciences; Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Vanderbilt University
- Developer Arbutus Biopharma; Galveston National Laboratory; Profectus Biosciences; Vanderbilt University
- Class Monoclonal antibodies; Small interfering RNA; Viral vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators; RNA interference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Research Ebola virus infections; Marburg virus disease
Most Recent Events
- 04 Mar 2014 Early research in Ebola and Marburg virus infections in USA (Parenteral)