Latest Information Update: 08 Dec 2014
At a glance
- Originator Apellis Pharmaceuticals
- Class Cyclic peptides
- Mechanism of Action Immunosuppressants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Asthma; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 02 Dec 2014 Phase-I clinical trials in Asthma in United Kingdom (Inhalation)
- 02 Dec 2014 Phase-I clinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in United Kingdom (Inhalation)