Artesunate rectal - Cipla/Medicines for Malaria Venture/Strides
Latest Information Update: 26 May 2016
At a glance
- Originator World Health Organization
- Class 3-ring heterocyclic compounds; Antimalarials; Artemisinins; Small molecules; Succinates
- Mechanism of Action Free radical stimulants; Sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium-transporting ATPase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Clinical Phase Unknown Malaria
Most Recent Events
- 01 Dec 2015 Cipla and Strides submit Artesunate rectal for pre-qualification review to the WHO (MMV pipeline - May 2016)