Latest Information Update: 11 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Taiho Pharmaceutical
- Class Antineoplastics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action HSP90 heat-shock protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Gastrointestinal stromal tumours
Most Recent Events
- 01 Feb 2016 Phase-II clinical trials in Gastrointestinal stromal tumours (Late-stage disease, Second-line therapy or greater) in Japan (PO) (JapicCTI163182)
- 01 Mar 2014 Phase-I clinical trials in Solid tumours (Late-stage disease) in Japan (PO)
- 22 Oct 2013 Preclinical trials in Solid tumours in Japan (PO)