BP 2001Alternative Names: BioPancreate-2001; BP-2001
Latest Information Update: 29 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Originator Cortendo
- Developer Strongbridge Biopharma
- Class Bacteria
- Mechanism of Action Gene expression modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Type 1 diabetes mellitus; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 11 Mar 2016 BP 2001 is available for licensing in USA
- 04 Sep 2015 Cortendo is now called Strongbridge Biopharma
- 02 Feb 2015 BP 2001 is available for licensing as of 28 Jan 2015.