ALXN 5500Alternative Names: ALXN5500
Latest Information Update: 15 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Complement C5 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Immunological disorders
Most Recent Events
- 01 Jul 2014 Phase-I clinical trials in Immunological disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 01 Jan 2013 Alexion Pharmaceuticals enters into an option and technology license agreement with Xencor for the development of ALXN 5500 (Xencor 2013 Form 10-K; 9160766)