Research programme: retinol-binding protein 4 antagonists - iCura Vision
Latest Information Update: 03 Feb 2015
At a glance
- Originator Columbia University
- Developer Columbia University; iCura Vision; National Institutes of Health (USA)
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RBP4 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Age-related macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jan 2015 Preclinical trials in Age-related macular degeneration in USA (PO)