Research programme: mitochondrial disorders therapeutics - MitobridgeAlternative Names: MTB-1; PPARδ modulators - Mitobridge
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Originator Mitobridge
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Mitochondrial disorders
Most Recent Events
- 07 Dec 2016 Astellas plans to file an IND application with the US FDA for Mitochondrial disorders
- 16 Sep 2015 Mitobridge and the Center for Mitochondrial and Epigenomic Medicine enter into a sponsored research agreement for Mitochondrial disorder therapeutics
- 23 Feb 2015 Mitogene licenses patents and reagents related to peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta from Salk Institute