IW 1973Alternative Names: IW1973; sGC agonist-Ironwood
Latest Information Update: 27 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Originator Ironwood Pharmaceuticals
- Class Cardiovascular therapies
- Mechanism of Action Soluble guanylyl cyclase agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Cardiovascular disorders; Hypertension in diabetes
- Phase I Pulmonary arterial hypertension