Research programme: diabetes and obesity therapeutics - GlaxoSmithKline/Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Latest Information Update: 09 Apr 2015
At a glance
- Originator Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory; GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein tyrosine phosphatase non receptor type 1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Research Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 23 Mar 2015 Early research in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 23 Mar 2015 Early research in Obesity in USA (PO)