At a glance
- Originator Fresenius Kabi
- Class Antibacterials; Azabicyclo compounds; Cyclopropanes; Fluoroquinolones; Piperidines; Pyrrolidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis; Acute sinusitis; Community-acquired pneumonia; Intra-abdominal infections; Skin and soft tissue infections
Most Recent Events
- 14 Sep 2015 Launched for Skin and soft tissue infections in USA (IV)
- 14 Sep 2015 Launched for Intra-abdominal infections in USA (IV)
- 14 Sep 2015 Launched for Community-acquired pneumonia in USA (IV)