Research programme: ligand-conjugated antisense-based therapeutics - Ionis PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: ISIS GHR LRx; ISIS TMPR SS6 LRx; ISIS-AGTLRx; ISIS-ANGPTL3LRx
Latest Information Update: 24 Dec 2015
At a glance
- Originator Isis Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antisense oligonucleotides
- Mechanism of Action ANGPTL3 protein inhibitors; Apolipoprotein A inhibitors; Apolipoprotein C-III inhibitors; RNA inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Acromegaly; Beta-thalassaemia; Dyslipidaemias; Hyperlipoproteinaemias; Hypertriglyceridaemia; Resistant hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 18 Dec 2015 Isis Pharmaceuticals is now called Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- 31 Dec 2014 Isis Pharmaceutical has a US patent protection (US patent no. 7 598 227) for methods of treating hyperlipidemia, lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels with an antisense oligonucleotide hybridised within nucleotides of apolipoprotein C III (Isis Pharmaceuticals 10-K, April 2015)
- 31 Dec 2014 Isis Pharmaceuticals has patent protection (US patent no. 7 101 993) for 2'-O-(2-methoxy) ethyl modified nucleosides (Isis pharmaceuticals 10-K, April 2015).