Research programme: stem cell targeting therapeutics - CelprogenAlternative Names: CEP 1205; CEP 1206; CEP 1207; CEP 1430; CEP 1507; CEP 3007; CEP 3009; CEP 3061; CEP 3095; CEP 4002; CEP 4021; CEP 5003; STEM 5007; STEMC 7007; STEMC5007
Latest Information Update: 26 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator Celprogen
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glucagon receptor agonists; Glucose transporter type 1 stimulants; Hedgehog cell-signalling pathway inhibitors; Insulin growth factor agonists; Somatostatin modulators; Stem cell modulators; Stem cell stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Brain cancer; Breast cancer; Colorectal cancer; Diabetes mellitus; Liver cancer; Lung cancer; Malignant melanoma; Ovarian cancer; Pancreatic cancer; Stem cell mobilisation
Most Recent Events
- 16 Apr 2016 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical study in Pancreatic cancer presented at the 107th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2016)
- 13 Apr 2016 Research programme: stem cell targeting therapeutics - Celprogen is available for licensing as of 13 Apr 2016.
- 11 May 2015 Preclinical trials in Diabetes mellitus in USA (PO, IV, IM, Intraperitoneal)