Aflibercept biosimilar - Alteogen/Kissei
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2015
At a glance
- Originator Alteogen; Kissei Pharmaceutical
- Class Antineoplastics; Eye disorder therapies; Recombinant fusion proteins
- Mechanism of Action Placenta growth factor inhibitors; Vascular endothelial growth factor A inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Research Wet age-related macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 30 Mar 2015 Early research in Wet age-related macular degeneration in Japan (Intravitreous)