Peginterferon alpha-2b biosimilar - Virchow GroupAlternative Names: PEG-Inferon; VIPEG
Latest Information Update: 23 May 2015
At a glance
- Originator Virchow Group
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Interferons; Polyethylene glycols
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Hepatitis B; Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 15 May 2015 Launched for Hepatitis B in India (SC) before May 2015 (Virchow Group website, May 2015)
- 14 May 2015 Launched for Hepatitis C in India (SC) before May 2015 (Virchow Group website, May 2015)