Becaplermin biosimilar - USVAlternative Names: PDGF-BB - USV; Platelet-derived growth factor B-chain homodimer - USV
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2015
At a glance
- Originator USV
- Class Blood proteins; Cicatrizants; Growth factors; Recombinant proteins
- Mechanism of Action Platelet-derived growth factor receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Diabetic foot ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2015 Preclinical trials in Diabetic foot ulcer in India (Topical) (USV product pipeline, May 2015)
- 22 May 2015 USV files a patent for becaplermin gel formulation in India (USV product pipeline, May 2015)