Research programme: anti-VEGF therapeutics - Ocular TherapeutixAlternative Names: Bevacizumab sustained-release intravitreal depot - Ocular Therapeutix; Sustained release anti-VEGF drug depots - Ocular Therapeutix
Latest Information Update: 25 May 2015
At a glance
- Originator Ocular Therapeutix
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Vascular endothelial growth factor A inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Wet age-related macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 01 May 2015 Preclinical trials in Wet age-related macular degeneration in USA (Intravitreous)