Rituximab biosimilar - Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical/AprogenAlternative Names: AP 052
Latest Information Update: 16 Jun 2015
At a glance
- Originator Aprogen; Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical
- Developer Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical
- Class Antineoplastics; Antirheumatics; Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action B cell inhibitors; CD20 antigen inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Research Haematological malignancies; Immunological disorders