Cetuximab biosimilar - Polpharma
Latest Information Update: 01 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Originator Bioceros
- Developer EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals
- Class Antineoplastics; Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors; Epidermal growth factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Research Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 25 Jul 2016 EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy (Epirus Biopharmaceuticals 8-K, July 2016)
- 30 Jun 2016 Polpharma acquires cetuximab biosimilar from Epirus Biopharmaceuticals (Epirus Biopharmaceuticals 8-K, June 2016).
- 09 Sep 2015 Bioceros has been acquired by EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals