BIIB 054Alternative Names: Anti-α synuclein mAb; BIIB054
Latest Information Update: 05 Jun 2015
At a glance
- Originator Biogen
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Alpha-synuclein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 01 May 2015 Phase-I clinical trials in Parkinson's disease (In volunteers) in USA (IV)
- 01 Feb 2012 Preclinical trials in Parkinson's disease in USA (IV)