Gemcitabine - HospiraAlternative Names: Gemcitabine hydrochloride - Hospira
Latest Information Update: 14 Sep 2015
At a glance
- Originator Hospira
- Class Antineoplastics; Deoxyribonucleosides; Pyrimidine nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Breast cancer; Non-small cell lung cancer; Ovarian cancer; Pancreatic cancer
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 03 Sep 2015 Hospira has been acquired by Pfizer