Ciclosporin/Omeprazole - Perle BioscienceAlternative Names: Omeprazole/ciclosporin - Perle Biosciences; PRL-001
Latest Information Update: 28 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Originator Perle Bioscience
- Class 2 pyridinylmethylsulfinylbenzimidazoles; Antihyperglycaemics; Ciclosporins; Gastric antisecretories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Calcineurin inhibitors; Free radical inhibitors; Immunosuppressants; Mitochondrial permeability transition pore inhibitors; P-glycoprotein inhibitors; Proton pump inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Clinical Phase Unknown Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 28 Oct 2016 Clinical development is ongoing in Spain (Perle Bioscience pipeline; October 2016)
- 15 Apr 2016 Perle Bioscience withdraws a clinical trial for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in Spain (EudraCT 2015-000105-39)