Hydrocodone/chlorpheniramine - Pernix TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone - Pernix Therapeutics; Vituz
Latest Information Update: 04 Aug 2015
At a glance
- Originator Cypress Pharmaceutical
- Developer Pernix Therapeutics Holdings
- Class Antiallergics; Antitussives; Morphinans; Opioid analgesics; Sedating antihistamines
- Mechanism of Action Histamine H1 receptor antagonists; Opioid receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Common cold; Cough