At a glance
- Originator Hospira
- Class Antineoplastics; Small molecules; Taxanes
- Mechanism of Action Mitosis inhibitors; Tubulin modulators; Tubulin polymerisation promoters
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Breast cancer; Gastric cancer; Head and neck cancer; Non-small cell lung cancer; Oesophageal cancer; Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 03 Sep 2015 Hospira has been acquired by Pfizer
- 19 Jul 2013 Biomarkers information updated