Research programme: synthetic carbohydrate vaccines - Vaxxilon
Latest Information Update: 30 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Originator Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces; The University Hospital of Basel
- Developer Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces; The University Hospital of Basel; Vaxxilon
- Class Carbohydrates; Vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Haemophilus infections; Streptococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Jun 2015 Preclinical trials in Streptococcal infections in Switzerland (Parenteral)