Research programme: CNS disorder therapeutics - Aprecia PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Oxcarbazepine - Aprecia Pharmaceuticals; Product 2 - Aprecia Pharmaceuticals; Product 3 - Aprecia Pharmaceuticals; Product 4 - Aprecia Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2015
At a glance
- Originator Aprecia Pharmaceuticals
- Class Dibenzazepines; Pyrrolidinones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists; SV2A protein modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical CNS disorders
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2015 Aprecia Pharmaceuticals plans regulatory submissions for CNS disorders (Aprecia Pharmaceuticals pipeline, July 2015)
- 16 Jul 2015 Aprecia has patent protection for oxcarbazepine and levetiracetam
- 15 Jul 2015 Aprecia has patent protection for Zipdose® (Aprecia website, July 2015).