Research programme: oncology therapeutics - GlobavirAlternative Names: GBV 4086; GBV-1012; GBV-1028; GBV-1073; GBV-2034; GBV-3019
Latest Information Update: 01 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Originator Globavir Biosciences
- Class Antineoplastics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Adenosine A2A receptor antagonists; CCR4 receptor antagonists; CXCR4 receptor antagonists; Indoleamine-pyrrole 2,3-dioxygenase inhibitors; Tryptophan oxygenase modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 01 Sep 2016 Globavir plans a phase Ia/IIb trial for Cancer in USA (Globavir, pipeline, September 2016)
- 09 Jul 2015 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)