Fluoxetine - Edgemont PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Fluoxetine hydrochloride - Edgemont Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 29 Jul 2015
At a glance
- Originator Edgemont Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antidepressants; Eye disorder therapies; Propylamines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Bulimia nervosa; Major depressive disorder; Obsessive-compulsive disorders; Panic disorder
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 22 Jul 2015 The US approved label for fluoxetine tablets carries a black box warning