2-fluorofucoseAlternative Names: 2-fluorofucose peracetate; 2FF; SGD-2083; SGN-2FF
Latest Information Update: 07 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Seattle Genetics
- Class Antineoplastics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Carbohydrate metabolism inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer; Sickle cell anaemia
Most Recent Events
- 31 Oct 2016 Seattle Genetics plans a phase I trial for Solid tumours (Second-line therapy or greater, Late-stage disease, Metastatic disease) in USA (PO) (NCT02952989)