Group A streptococcal vaccine - PREVENT/VaxentAlternative Names: GAS vaccine - PREVENT; StreptAnova®; Streptococcal A vaccine - PREVENT; Streptococcal vaccine - PREVENT/Vaxent
Latest Information Update: 26 Nov 2015
At a glance
- Originator The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Developer Pan-Provincial Vaccine Enterprise; Vaxent Inc.
- Class Bacterial vaccines; Peptide vaccines; Streptococcal vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Streptococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 01 Aug 2015 Phase-I clinical trials in Streptococcal infections in Canada (Parenteral) (NCT02564237)