Metformin/voglibose - NovartisAlternative Names: Voglibose/metformin - Novartis
Latest Information Update: 29 Sep 2015
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Developer Athena Drug Delivery Solutions; Novartis
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Biguanides; Inositol phosphates; Small molecules; Sugar alcohols
- Mechanism of Action Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors; AMP activated protein kinase stimulants; Gluconeogenesis inhibitors; Glucose modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 29 Sep 2015 Launched for Diabetes mellitus (PO) (before September 2015)