Research programme: pathogen extracting therapies - OpsonixAlternative Names: FcMBL - Opsonix
Latest Information Update: 28 Oct 2015
At a glance
- Originator Harvard University
- Developer Harvard University; Opsonix
- Class Immunoglobulin Fc fragments; Recombinant proteins
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants; Mannose binding lectin modulators; Pattern recognition receptor agonists; Phagocyte stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Infections; Sepsis