VX 440Alternative Names: VX-440
Latest Information Update: 12 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator stimulants; Ion channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Cystic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jan 2017 VX 440 receives Fast Track designation for Cystic fibrosis (PO) (Combination therapy) in USA before January 2017
- 08 Jan 2017 VX 440 receives Fast Track designation for Cystic fibrosis (PO) (Monotherapy, In volunteers) in USA before January 2017
- 08 Jan 2017 Vertex Pharmaceuticals plans a phase III trial for Cystic fibrosis