Amifostine - Original BioMedicalsAlternative Names: A 01; A 02; RadProtect; Radprotect™, formulated
Latest Information Update: 03 Nov 2015
At a glance
- Originator Original BioMedicals
- Class Chemoprotectants; Organothiophosphorus compounds; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Oxygen radical scavengers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Acute radiation syndrome
- Preclinical Chemoprotection; Radioprotection
Most Recent Events
- 01 Oct 2015 Phase-I clinical trials in Acute radiation syndrome (In volunteers, Prevention) in USA (IV) (NCT02587442)