Iron hydroxyethyl starchAlternative Names: Ferric hydroxide hydroxyethyl starch glucoheptonic acid complex; Iron (III) hydroxide hydroxyethyl starch glucoheptonic acid complex; Iron HES complex - SerumWerk Bernburg; Iron-(III)-hydroxyethyl-starch; Iron-hetastarch complex - SerumWerk Bernburg
Latest Information Update: 09 Nov 2015
At a glance
- Originator Serumwerk Bernburg
- Class Antianaemics; Heavy metals; Iron compounds
- Mechanism of Action Iron replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Iron deficiency anaemia
Most Recent Events
- 23 Oct 2015 Phase-II clinical trials in Iron deficiency anaemia in Denmark (IV) (EudraCT2015-003069-28)