Research programme: gene-silencing oligonucleotides - GSK/IderaAlternative Names: Renal disease therapeutics - Idera/GSK; Third generation antisense-based therapeutics - GSK/Idera
Latest Information Update: 03 Dec 2015
At a glance
- Originator Idera Pharmaceuticals
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline; Idera Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antisense oligonucleotides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Research Renal failure
Most Recent Events
- 23 Nov 2015 Early research in Renal failure in USA (unspecified route)