CGS 200Alternative Names: CGS-200; Trans-capsaicin - CapGenesis
Latest Information Update: 05 Jan 2016
At a glance
- Originator CapGenesis Therapeutics
- Class Catechols; Monounsaturated fatty acids; Non-opioid analgesics; Polyunsaturated alkamides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action TRPV1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Musculoskeletal disorders; Osteitis deformans; Osteomyelitis; Osteonecrosis; Osteosarcoma
Most Recent Events
- 30 Nov 2015 Preclinical trials in Osteosarcoma, Osteonecrosis, Osteomyelitis, Musculoskeletal disorders, Osteitis deformans in USA (Topical) before November 2015
- 30 Nov 2015 CapGenesis Therapeutics files orphan designation application with the US FDA and the EMA for Osteomyelitis, Osteosarcoma, Osteonecrosis, Paget's disease and Morton's neuroma