Latest Information Update: 10 May 2016
At a glance
- Originator Seres Therapeutics
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antibacterials; Bacteria
- Mechanism of Action Bacteria replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Ulcerative colitis
Most Recent Events
- 04 May 2016 Seres Therapeutics enters into research collaboration with the Research Institute of St. Joseph's Hamilton and the Medical University of Graz to develop microbiome-based therapeutics for Inflammatory bowel disease
- 11 Jan 2016 SER 287 licensed to Nestle Health Science in the World excluding USA and Canada
- 14 Dec 2015 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical study in Ulcerative colitis released by Seres Therapeutics