Norursodeoxycholic acidAlternative Names: NorUDCA; Ursodeoxycholic acid homologue
Latest Information Update: 15 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator Dr Falk Pharma
- Class Cholic acids; Gallstone therapies; Hepatoprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Primary sclerosing cholangitis
Most Recent Events
- 16 Dec 2015 Phase-II development for Primary sclerosing cholangitis is ongoing in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Lithuania, Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, Spain, Finland, Hungary, Denmark and Norway