HIV vaccine vCP2438Alternative Names: ALVAC-HIV-vCP2438; vCP2438
Latest Information Update: 25 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Sanofi Pasteur
- Class AIDS vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II/III HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 01 Oct 2016 Phase-II/III clinical trials in HIV-1 infections (Prevention) in South Africa (IM) (NCT02968849)
- 01 Jan 2015 Phase-I/II clinical trials in HIV-1 infections (Prevention) in South Africa (IM) (NCT02404311)