VX 984Alternative Names: VX984
Latest Information Update: 17 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action DNA activated protein kinase inhibitors; DNA repair enzyme modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jan 2017 VX 984 licensed to Merck worldwide
- 11 Oct 2016 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical trial in Solid tumours presented at the 41st European Society for Medical Oncology Congress (ESMO-2016)
- 16 Apr 2016 Pharmacodynamics data from preclinical studies in Solid tumours presented at the 107th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2016)