ArctigeninAlternative Names: Arctium lappa extract; ARG; Burdock fruit extract; GBS-01
Latest Information Update: 12 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Originator National Cancer Center (Tokyo)
- Developer Kracie Pharma; National Cancer Center (Tokyo); Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Pancreatic cancer
Most Recent Events
- 03 Oct 2016 National Cancer Center Hospital East and Kracie Pharma completes a phase II trial in Pancreatic cancer (Late-stage disease, Second-line therapy or greater) in Japan (UMIN000010111)