Research programme: tetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase inhibitors - Promiliad Biopharma/ Spero TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Dihydrofolate reductase inhibitors -Promiliad Biopharma/ Spero Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 08 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Originator University of Connecticut
- Developer Promiliad Biopharma; Spero Therapeutics
- Class Anti-infectives; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Tetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Research Gram-negative infections; Gram-positive infections; Urinary tract infections