Mesenchymal stem cell therapy - GenesisAlternative Names: Allogeneic human umbilical cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells
Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2016
At a glance
- Originator Genesis
- Class Antineoplastics; Stem cell therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cell replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I/II Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 03 Nov 2015 Genesis terminates a phase I/II trial in Multiple sclerosis in Trinidad and Tobago due to lack of funds (NCT02418325)
- 01 Feb 2015 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Multiple sclerosis (Recurrent) in Trinidad and Tobago (IV)