BMS 986173Alternative Names: BMS-986173
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2016
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action HIV replication inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 22 Feb 2016 Preclinical trials in HIV-1 infections in USA (PO)
- 22 Feb 2016 ViiV Healthcare acquired the HIV R&D portfolio of Bristol-Myers Squibb