Pantoprazole - Shiner PharmAlternative Names: Pantopro
Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2016
At a glance
- Originator Shiner Pharm Corp
- Class 2 pyridinylmethylsulfinylbenzimidazoles; Antiulcers; Gastric antisecretories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Proton pump inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Duodenal ulcer; Erosive oesophagitis; Gastric ulcer; Gastro-oesophageal reflux; Helicobacter infections; Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated