Gliclazide modified release - Shiner Pharm
Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2016
At a glance
- Originator Shiner Pharm Corp
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Sulfonylureas
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 12 Feb 2016 Launched for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Taiwan (PO) before February 2016