Fenofibrate - Shiner PharmAlternative Names: Lifenoz-U
Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2016
At a glance
- Originator Shiner Pharm Corp
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Benzophenones; Butyric acids; Fibric acid derivatives; Propionates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 12 Feb 2016 Launched for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Taiwan (PO) before January 2016