Latest Information Update: 25 Feb 2016
At a glance
- Originator Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
- Mechanism of Action Protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2014 Preclinical trials in HIV infections in Cuba (unspecified route) prior to December 2014
- 01 Dec 2014 CIGB 210 is available for licensing as of 01 Dec 2014. http://gndp.cigb.edu.cu
- 31 Dec 2013 CIGB has patent protection for CIGB 210 in Cuba (granted prior to December 2013)